Intro Illustrations

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2009 at 12:17 AM

* Black Page
    * A City in snowy cold winter. The City of Saga
    * Working farmers on farmlands, a small town on the horizon and a river that divides the town and farmlands. (Which orcs will raid...)
    * Two sleeping orcish child on a fabric near the barrels, in a ship camara.
    * A foggy night. Their father, which is an old and mighty clan leader stands on the front of a ship's deck. There are young orc warriors on the background. Orc leader's face is near.
    * Thousands of boats with torches coming from the fog, near to the shore. Hundreds of ships anchored on the background. A farmer is looking to the scene. Another farmer run with fear.
    * A night scene from the deck of the ship again, but empty this time. Only two orc children left. They are looking to a burning city. They hanging to the fences of the ship.
    * Early morning. A scene inside from a street of the ruined and burned town. Orcs constructing tribal tents and carring stones and foods.
    * Two small orc brothers playing (fighting) with sticks
    * Their father grab one of his older son from the shoulder and give advice to him.
    * All clan leaders sitting on the table of the half burned tavern of the town (repaired defectively by orcs). They discuss about the war (18-20 leaders). Their father put his fist on the table. He look with anger.
    * The orcs running to war. There are leaders and flag carriers on the front-lines.
    * Dead orc and human bodies on the ground. Leader still stands, but sad
    * Orcish children, women and men watching the burned raft of the dead warriors floating across the river.
    * Old clan leader and his three survived son (two of them did not gone to war for the reason of their ages), sitting on the camp place, eating meat. They are sad and hopeless.
    * The burned tavern again. Orcish leaders discuss the war again but with less numbers. (6-7 leaders)
    * An action scene. A door widely opened, and an orc pops out from it to the screen. He is shouting and shows outdoor with one of his hands.
    * The king, his royal guards and an interpretter are located on the town enterance. They surrounded by the orc warriors. Human king tries to calm warriors.
    * Orcish Leaders listening human king in the tavern. Windows filled with orc commoners.
    * Two contract placed top of the table, one of them has the kings seal and other colored with orcish blood.
    * A street of the town. Human king ready to depart. Their father point his two smallest children to king and try to explain something. King shakes his head with a little confusion. (or maybe agreement)
    * Two orc children from the top view. Their fathers shadow felt upon them. They look to the screen (to their father in real) with fear.
    * From inside the horse chart, the town is nearly fading on the horizon.
    * A City in snowy cold winter. The City of Saga (replay 2. scene)
    * A Snowy tight street. 2-3 floored houses snapped to each other. Snowy roofs.
    * A small roofside room. Two empty beds staying on the two sides of the single window. An old housemaid woman carrying a paspas. A wooden bucket stay on the floor.
    * A school room, filled with human children. They are looking to new come two orc children with hate and fear.
    * An orc child fighting fith two human children. The other one try to stop the crowd of other children to mess the issue.
    * Two young orc man fighting with a few men on a tavern.
    * Two young orc man standing inside the prison bars.
    * Two young orc walking down the street. Few bandits looking to them with anger and whispering each other.
    * Night time, roofside room with the same angle as the old one. Orcs sleeping on their beds.
    * Black Page

Developer
Aug 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I will post some audio samples. Here is some of my equipment.

Developer
Aug 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I started putting some sketches up if you wanted.

http://saga.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Sketches

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM

thats good i saw the sketches it seems more of an animated feel to it, is that what were striving for here?  and if so what characters should i direct my attention to orcs, mages all of the above?  or just start sketching scenes from the introduction that was first posted?

Developer
Aug 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM

I think the scenes he posted up top. Those sketches are just examples and maybe will only be used for a trading pack or portraits.

Carry on. :-)

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I have drawed that figures to give inspiration about the game style. And maybe they would be used as concept art. But dont bother the Orc-Peasant character. It is the most dumbest, fat and middle aged orc :). I need orcs styles with same drawing style but a bit more body builded ( and charismatic XD ).

Also me and my drawer friend Esat (i am not sign him here because he is not good at english) we are continue to draw concept arts. We will share all of them here on sketches to give you inspiration about the style. 

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

magneto can you straight forwardly draw the intro illustrations that i mentioned above. Our first need is these... You can ask any questions about any unclear things in your  mind... But. it would be better if you draw as how as you want... I have good faith in you. You are very brilliant and you exactly know which angle is better when you draw he scenes. And you draw well...

Forexample start with the first sketch:

* A City in snowy cold winter. The City of Saga...

We have a city called "Saga" that builded up on a mountain. This city is the heart of the kingdom. There is a kings castle, and a huge triple mage tower complex stays on the top of the mountain. The houses are generally builded like straight lines that flows from the top of the mountain to the shallows of the mountain. On the shallows there are big city walls and gates that protect the city from the raids. This is the constant part of the story. But we need more detail with your skills:

Imagine that we are looking to the city from the city gates, and we see a path that leads to a city square which traders load/unload their supplies there. And there are taverns and stables that welcomes new visitors and traders. Maybe on close lookup, there is a gate guard that shivers from the cold (and maybe another guard is sleeping on the ther side of the door). On the very background we see the mountain top in a fog and top of the fog, silhouette of the castle and the mage tower complex is appearing.  On very close, the metal gate bars are seen from the top of the scene...

This is an example and this is my imagination about first illustraition... But i wander your imagination and persphective... You are free to design your scenes as you want. Be free and creative...